Willian Road, Hitchin, SG4
Project: New build houses
Client: Private developer
Contract: JCT Design & Build
Inigo were engaged to design, manage and build two new houses in Hitchin on the site of an existing 3-bedroom dwelling. The awkward plot shape and site constraints needed to be considered at design phase, but Inigo were able to produce two two-bedroom terraced houses with 10-year building warranties as per the client’s brief. The properties were finished to a very high standard, achieving compliance with statutory regulations.
The properties were well received on the property market and have significantly improved the streetscape.
The complete process was undertaken by Inigo, including production of planning drawings, application of build warranties, on site build and post completion commissioning.
• Residual Development Appraisal of site with client
• Planning drawings and planning submission
• Procurement of new services (water, gas and electric)
• Engagement and liaison with building inspectors
• Partial demolition and construction of properties including new foundations, exterior walls and roofs
• Mains drain connections
• New compliant party wall and interim floors
• New suspended ground floor
• FENSA approved window replacement
• New electrical, plumbing and heating systems
• New kitchens, bathrooms and internal finishes
• External landscaping including fencing, sandstone hardstandings and turfing
• External rendering
• General fixtures and finishes for turn-key sale