Quay 430, E1W
Project: New Build Gatehouse
Client: Quay 430 Freeholders Ltd.
Contract: JCT MW
Inigo were selected as Principle Contractor to construct a new gate house for this preeminent residential estate near St Katherines Dock. Although a relatively small build, this project represented one of the sternest tests we have faced since inception owing to difficult site conditions, adverse weather, neighbourly matters and complex structural design.
Working closely with the Knight Frank CA, we overcame every test including complete redesign of ground works, specialist retaining structures, working around a 2m TW pipe and complex services connections.
Value engineering advice was offered at every stage to avoid spiralling project costs, and the final product was delivered in-line with the initial brief to the satisfaction of the CA and client alike.
• Soil testing and pre-start surveys to determine services connections
• Extensive ground works to make services connections including installation of a pump pit and 50m comms trench
• Redesign of foundations and retaining elements to accommodate changes in site conditions
• Liaison and procurement of utilities
• Liaison with neighbouring developer to agree special access provisions
• Construction of a single storey building in cavity with inverted timber roof
• Bespoke aluminium windows, fascias and soffits to client’s desired RAL
• Localised soft and hard landscaping
• Internal CAT B fit out
• Bespoke 3D backlit signage